Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Problems deciding who to KIT with email?


Ever get the feeling like you have so many people to keep in touch with, but just don't know who you should email first? If you do I have a solution that works for me:
Say you have a thousand email contacts all of which if you had the time would email them everyday...sure...you just can not decide who to email in the given time you have. As for me I choose to make it random and here is my technique:
First step is to put all of your contacts in an Excel spreadsheet by copying from the list of all your email contacts from your email host and paste it into an Excel spreadsheet listed 1 to n, n=number of contacts. Second step is to go to http://www.random.org/nform.html and fill out the form below as I have done:




















  • Enter how many numbers (how many people you want to email) to generate.
  • Enter 1 for the smallest value.
  • Enter n (the number of contacts in your excel spreadsheet) in the largest value.
  • Enter how many columns you want to display.
  • Then Click get numbers.
  • Now using the generated numbers check your excel spreadsheet of contacts and email the contacts associated with the number.

Glad I could help so many on this one!

2 comments:

amber said...

Ok-you lost me at step 1. LOL. I make it really simple, I just reply to those who email me first, except for my family. Keeps it really easy, and I really don't have 1000 addresses in my address book anyway. Happy LOST day! :)

Anonymous said...

Huh?
Love, Mom