Monday, May 08, 2006

Great Idea for Movie Previews

This weekend I came up with a great idea for movie previews. Jenny and I rented a movie for Friday night and watched it. Afterwards in the special features of the DVD I went to the theatrical trailer. I had a theory that I could have figured out everything that would have happened in the movie by the trailer. Sure enough it seemed they pretty much gave the whole movie away in the trailer. Here is the idea:
Watch only the preview and fill in the rest! You can save up to 3 hours of your life...if the movie you are planning on watching is 3 hours long. Also, you save money because you can watch previews on most basic channels. I suggest using a DVD recorder or almost obsolete VCR to record previews on basic cable channels. The normal time you would watch a movie should be when you watch your previews. You can watch them with your spouse or with your friends...then afterwards each person, part of the preview movie party, in great detail describes what they thought happens throughout the movie using clues from the movie trailer.
+You can still eat popcorn, which is usually finished the first 5 minutes of any movie anyway, if you know how to eat popcorn of course.
+You save money on rentals, theater tickets, & gasoline just to name a few.
+It is safer to stay home than chance your life with all those crazy people on the roads. If you are one of those crazy people you make it safer for the rest of us.
+You can always find out what really happens from the friend who always tells the ends of movies and such...If you don't have one of those friends I suggest you get one...Also, does it really matter what really happens...since it is not true or real life.
What do you think???

3 comments:

amber said...

Interesting idea, but as someone who watches VERY few movies, I think I will just keep on watching the whole movie. Thanks for your amazing insight into movie watching though.

Anonymous said...

I think I like watching the movies better. As being someone who likes movies and watches alot of them I don't think the trailer would do it for us. Maybe good for some people but not for us.

Anonymous said...

Being Neil and I live in Lafayette, there is very little to do here except to watch movies and eat out. We are not as fortunate to have biking trails with bunnies. I think we will stick to watching the whole thing.