Thursday, July 12, 2007

Last Night

12:30AM...The electricity kicked back on...what time did it cut off you ask? No clue! All I know is that Jenny and I woke up with a blinding light...Our ceiling fan has a special feature that when the electricity comes on (after being off) it defaults to the light on high. So, after the rude awakening it was hard to go back to sleep. After getting out of bed and putting a cup of hot cocoa on I noticed a glowing light shining through the blinds on the backdoor window! I walk over carefully every step closer hearing a louder hum. When I arrived at the door it was very loud and sounded like an idling car. I quickly opened the door...there was nothing there!
I then went back to sleep.
I woke up again around 2:30AM and I could hear the same sound from upstairs. So, I got out of bed and walked over to the stairway landing and took a gander at the back door...sure enough there was the light shining through the backdoor window.
I proceeded slowly down the stairs and quietly towards the backdoor, making a quick stop for my nun-chucks. I didn't turn the lights on. I opened the backdoor fast and the light went out quick. I saw that it came from above the fence. I ran and opened the gate and saw the light moving quickly down the green belt. I made a bolt after it, constantly doing tricks and menacing moves with my black nun-chucks. I was catching up to it...now I could see it was a person.
I got closer still and could see it was a flashlight that produced the light on the backdoor window.
I finally was within range and delivered a small blow to the right knee. The person performed fire safety rule number one very fast.
It was a kid about 21 I figure from the tattoo on his arm that said, "Born in 1986". In his right arm he carried a small radio with an external speaker that was playing the recorded hum sound. In his left arm he had the flashlight. On his face: FEAR. I didn't realize it until I saw his look of fear, I was in Bruce Lee attire. I just so happened to be wearing my black pajama pants, I was barefoot, had no shirt on, and of course was yielding awesome nun-chucks.
I questioned him as to what he was doing.
He said he was messing around. I told him to stay off the drugs and tied him up with tie-wraps until the police arrived.
When I called the police and described where my house was...they said:"We know the spot"!
So, to say the least I am a bit tired today at work.
Hope you all have a great day! If you take away anything from this experience I have shared with you today, take this: Don't assume there are aliens when you see a bright light and hear a humming sound!