Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Yesterday Evening and the little people sniffing paint!

Yesterday, arriving home from work, Jenny stated she wanted to go to the mall. After a quick change for mall dress code compliance we walked out the door. Once down the stairs we headed for the car. A little boy, who looked about 10 yrs of age, was roller blading on the sidewalk with can of spray paint in his hands. Initially I thought nothing of his spray paint nor did Jenny. Then as we got closer and he was about to intercept us, He started saying, "Uh I don't know where I got this...I mean I found it...I mean it was on my back porch...Uh", as he passed us up. Jenny and I just watched, didn't tell him anything, I gave him a stern look, and then he turned around and said, "Uh...I guess I will put it in the dumpster...Uh.." As he is rolling to the dumpster nearby I opened the door for Jenny and she got in the car while she watched to see if he chunked it. I walked around the car to get in the driver's seat and looked towards the dumpster and didn't see him anymore. Jenny told me she saw him put it on the ground near the dumpster and take off as if to hide. After discussing the issue we came to the conclusion he was very suspicious and had ill intent, either to vandalize or sniff glue...after the way he was acting we figured he had already been sniffing...Hence, we I picked up the spray paint can and we drove off and threw it away in a dumpster about a half mile away. Then we headed to the mall. We ate dinner at Samarai Sam's a Christian establishment that plays Praise music in the mall! I purchased a phone charger that you wind and some boxers. Then we went to the American Cookie Company. Jenny had a slice of cookie cake and I had 5 cookies for 5.55. Then we headed home...When we arrived home to our dismay there was graffiti everywhere! we were both couldn't believe it! Evidently the little dude had more paint stashed...Uh...on his porch!

2 comments:

amber said...

LOL. Great post. Yum-cookies from the cookie company! We are actually heading to the mall when E gets home. May have to make a stop for cookies.

Anonymous said...

The crazy thing about this story is that everything but the graffiti is true. That little boy was probably so scared. He had rollerblades on. When Ali unlocked the doors to the car and the horn honked, he fell down and said, "Oh!!! You scared me!"