Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Atlanta, the home of the braves

Hello My PEOPLE,

As most of you know I have been very busy as of late and been neglicting my civic duty of blogging of some assumptions, limericks , and or ideas...which infact I have just been filling everyone in on how exciting things are going on my end...well exciting to the librarian, Mrs. Book.
My newest adventure takes me to Atlanta...helping the Bellsouth people with their video problems. Which I am proud to say I am doing fairly well having come out here by myself. So, I am the tech support guy for three days, tomorrow being the last. I am flying out at 5Pm Thursday. Anyway, I am prepared to tell you all in great detail about this trip.

As from previous blog you will know my flight was delayed, not for long though. I flew out 30 minutes after I wrote that blog.
Atlanta airport is a little confusing if you fly Delta...anyway, after getting my car, which was a Hyundai Sonata (the Lexus Knock-off), I drove to my Hotel, The Georgian Terrace, which was and is awesome. I checked in then a Bellsouth guy met me in the lobby and we went to lunch at an authentic Itailian restaurant with the fire oven, I ate lobster ravioli. Then we went an met a few top dogs...then I had a conference call on the way to the Bellsouth Video Head end operations site. Spent the remainder of the day troubleshooting their High Definition content, I got them going with HD video after the first 10 minutes, the remainder of the time I was helping some other venders set up a new HD encoder. One guy I knew was there and he took me and a bellsouth guy to my new favorite restaurant: Stoney River. Their steaks are legendary, I had a 22 once bone-in ribeye. It was so good I wanted to cry tears of Joy. The wait staff were awesome, and the sweet tea was the best I have ever tasted in my entire life. Crazy thing happened, my 4th refill a waitress brought it over and it was unsweeten, yes she made a huge blunder, however being that I wasn't really thirsty I decided I wasn't going to say anything. Guess what happened: My waiter comes over and says hey I heard about the unsweeten tea mishap, we have some coming out right now! I flipped out! Almost screaming I said, " WOW! I didn't even say anything! You guys are mind readers or were you watching my bitter tea face on the first sip?" Turns out my sweet tea went to a diabetic with sugartose intolerant stomach or something, I guess. That pretty much sums up my first day in Atlanta.
Wednesday, 2nd day, today, I arrived at the Bellsouth Video Operations center before the other guys, I beat the rush hour some how and there was an accident...and whatever other excuses they could come up with. Anyway, I couldn't make any changes without permission. I went ahead and wrote my email summaries to my top guys and started troubleshooting the SD video and etc. Needless to say, what I came out here to do, which no one expected me to get everything going...we got it all and then some...tomorrow is lagniapp. For lunch today myself, a guy from Modulus, and a Motorola guy went to a mexican restaurant ( a start of a good joke I am sure of it), leaving the Motorola guy who picked up the tab gave me a motorola hat and pen.
After lunch I helped the Bellsouth guy coordinate all of his SD settings to allow less pixelations and macroblocking on their video. Then I left for the hotel at 6:45PM...and took some photos...then met some of the Bellsouth guys in the lobby to go to Dinner. We went to a great Latin place called Loca Luna. It was just 3 blocks away so we walked. I ate some Lula Fritas (Spicy, fried calamari with pico de gallo) and ceviche (Citrus marinated tilapia & shrimp with avocado and cilantro) it was delicious. After dinner I came back to the hotel and took some more pictures and now writing this...there you are updated!
I will update this blog tomorrow night with some photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great time in Atlanta. We went on vacation there about 5 years ago, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves there as well.

KNOW you must be excited to be returning home to Jenny though.

Praying that your journey back to Dallas is a good one.

Love you, take care