Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Mavs Vs Lakers Game


First of all...this game is hard to get tickets for. So instead of searching for nosebleed section tickets...I just won some! Actually what happened is as follows:
Tuesday of the election...the tragedy happened...Obama won! So, naturally, the next day I was completely down...and on the verge of a breakdown...I was so sad...I couldn't believe that the majority of our country would rather have a man be the president and commander in chief that is for abortion and gay marriage...in fact most people I talk to didn't even know that he was for those things! I said how in the world did you not know! They always say I just voted for him because he was a black man!...That is racism!!!....Anyway...In the midst of being down...and completely about to cry...there was a United Way campaign at work...they were giving everyone a free ice cream...along with the free ice cream they gave a ticket to each person...
So at precisely 1:15PM on Wednesday you had to report back to the cafeteria if you wanted to win...they were giving away two sets of 4 mavs tickets and parking pass...The first set was for late November...and I didn't win...and I was still down and really didn't care about that one anyway...the next set was for the Mavs Vs the Lakers...the set Everyone wanted! They called my number...looking in disbelief at my ticket...I immediately felt it was from God. I then said "HEY THAT'S ME!" I was no longer down! In fact I felt like God was telling me it was going to be alright and he is in control of the authority! 
Well...now lets go back three weeks prior to winning...
Jenny and I met a new couple at our church. We went to lunch with them and we decided altogether to go to a Dallas Mavericks game. We decided to go on November 11, 2008...because that was the Mavs Vs the Lakers game...we planned to get nose bleeder tickets because we knew it was too late to get decent tickets...
That is the exact game that the Lord blessed us with tickets for! The day I won I went online to see how much the tickets were going for...in the section we got it was over 350 dollars a ticket...we had 4 and a parking pass!
Anyway, here are some of the pictures and a couple of videos:
Here is one right before the game started:
Just starting up:
An idea of the experience:


An Idea of How many people were there:

The final score:

2 comments:

The Herd said...

So happy for all of you at the game!
Hey, I keep thinking that all those people that voted the man in will not be able to say much in the next four years b/c they are leading everything...congress senate pres...so, for once, I at least know I can say to any blame...this is your gov't---if your way of thinking is prosperous--prove it! Well, sin may be pleasurable for the moment but in the end it leads to death...so maybe in four years they will see the light??!!! Who knows...evil does get worse and worse. We have been warned of this and continue to see it right in our own country. May we continue to stand for the Lord and His Word!

amber said...

How awesome about the tickets and parking pass. Bummer that they lost though. But still... Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks..